Ingredients for Dry Masala:
- 2 tbsp of saunf
- 1 tbsp jeera
- 1 tbsp of crushed yellow mustard seeds
- ½ tbsp methi seeds
Ingredients for Tempering:
- 250 gm of fresh peeled turmeric, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup of Puvi Cold Pressed Mustard Oil
- 1 tbsp of Heeng (asafoetida)
- 1 tbsp of Jeera
- 1 tbsp of Saunf
- 1 tbsp of Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 tbsp of Dry ginger powder
- ½ cup of Lemon juice
- Salt per taste
Preparation for making Dry Masala of Turmeric Pickle Recipe:
- Put a pan on the heat. Once highly heated, put dry masala ingredients one by one.
- Dry roast the spices and stir them till a deep aroma starts coming out.
- Take out the spice mixture from the pan, and grind it in a grinder.
- The dry masala is ready.
Preparation for Tempering Haldi Ka Achar:
- Heat a Kadhai and pour 1 cup of Puvi Cold pressed Mustard oil in it and heat it appropriately. Now add heeng, jeera and saunf.
- Now put your fresh thin stick-shaped chopped turmeric in the kadhai.
- Put the dry masala in it and add kashmiri red chili powder, ginger powder and salt to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients and simmer and saute it
- Once the turmeric is nicely mixed with the spices, saute it on high flame for 2 mins.
- Now turn off the heat and add lemon juice in it and mix well.
- Put the pickle in a glass jar and place it in sunlight for 1 day.
- Your Turmeric pickle is ready. Make sure to store it in a cold and dry place.