Indulge in the delightful flavors of Masala Vada, a crispy and savory South Indian snack made with a blend of channa dal, aromatic spices, and fresh herbs. This easy-to-follow recipe yields golden-brown vadas that are perfect for snacking or as a delicious accompaniment to chutney or sauce.
Masala Vada Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup Channa Dal
- 2 tsp uncooked Rice
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 4 Red Chilies
- 3 Green Chilies
- ½ tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 Onion
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 10-15 Mint Leaves
- Salt to taste
- 5-10 chopped Curry Leaves
- 10-15 chopped Coriander Leaves
- Puvi Cold Pressed Mustard Oil for frying
Preparation of Masala Vada:
- Soak the chana dal and rice in water for 3 hours.
- After soaking, drain the excess water from the dal and rice.
- In a grinder, combine 1/4th of the soaked chana dal and rice with green chilies, ginger, cinnamon, and fennel seeds. Grind until the green chilies and ginger are finely ground.
- Add the mint leaves and the remaining dal to the mixture, then grind again to achieve a coarse vada mixture.
- Season the mixture with salt to taste. Add chopped curry leaves, coriander leaves, and chopped onion. Mix well.
- Heat Puvi Cold Pressed Mustard Oil in a pan.
- Shape small balls from the vada mixture, flatten them slightly in the center, and gently drop them into the hot oil. Fry the vadas on both sides until they turn crisp and golden brown.
- Remove the crispy vadas from the oil, drain the excess oil on a tissue paper, and set them aside.
- Serve the hot and crispy Masala Vadai with your favorite chutney or sauce.
Treat yourself to the irresistible flavors of Masala Vada, a crispy South Indian snack bursting with the goodness of channa dal, aromatic spices, and fresh herbs. With a golden-brown exterior and a flavorful, savory interior, these vadas are a perfect choice for snacking or as a delectable accompaniment to chutney or sauce. Enjoy the crunchy texture and rich flavors of Chana Dal Vada, making every bite a delightful experience.