Experience the Purity of Puvi! Use code 'PUVI5' for a 5% discount on your first order. Note: Delivery times may vary due to our village location.
• 300 grams Button mushrooms, quartered• 2 tablespoon Cornflour
• 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour (Maida)• 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
• 2 teaspoons Tandoori masala
• 1 inch Ginger, grated
• 4 cloves Garlic, grated
• 2 sprig Curry leaves
• 2 Green Chillies, slit• 1 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, finely chopped
• Salt, to taste
• PUVI Cold Pressed Coconut Oil, for cooking
• To begin making the Mushroom 65 Recipe, wash the mushrooms, pat dry and quarter them and keep aside.
• In a mixing bowl, combine the cornflour, all-purpose flour and salt. Make a thick batter by adding little water. Add water using a tablespoon little by little to make a thick batter.
• Add the quartered mushrooms in the batter and keep aside.
• Heat PUVI Cold Pressed Coconut Oil for deep frying in a Kadai/ Wok on medium high heat. Add a few mushrooms at a time and deep fry them until browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels and keep the mushroom aside.
• In another Kadai/ Wok, heat a tablespoon of the oil on medium heat. Add the ginger, garlic, green chilies and curry leaves and saute for a few minutes. Add the fried mushrooms, the black pepper powder and tandoori masala powder. Stir fry until the mushrooms get well coated with the spices.
• Check the salt and spices and adjust to suit your taste. Stir in the chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
• Serve the Mushroom 65 (Indian Style Spicy Mushrooms with Chillies) as an appetizer for parties.