Discover a delightful Aloo Curry recipe featuring aromatic spices and flavorful potatoes. This easy-to-follow recipe combines cumin, cardamom, cinnamon, and more, resulting in a mouthwatering curry that pairs perfectly with poori, roti, or chapati. Prepare to savor the rich flavors and textures of this comforting and satisfying dish.
Ingredients of Aloo Curry Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon of PUVI Cold Pressed Mustar Oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 cardamom pods (elachi)
- 1 bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1-inch piece of cinnamon (dalchini)
- 3 cloves (lavang)
- ½ teaspoon of fennel seeds (saunf)
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ teaspoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon + 1 teaspoon of kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of ginger paste
- 4 potatoes, boiled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped coriander leaves
- ½ lemon
Preparation of Potato Curry:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of PUVI Cold Pressed Groundnut Oil in a large kadai (Indian cooking pot).
- Add 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds, 2 cardamom pods, 1 bay leaf, 1-inch piece of cinnamon, 3 cloves, ½ teaspoon of fennel seeds, and a pinch of asafoetida. Saute them.
- Keep the flame low and add ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder, 1 teaspoon of coriander powder, and 1 teaspoon of kasuri methi. Mix well.
- Add 1 teaspoon of ginger paste and saute until fragrant.
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes and saute until the oil releases from the tomatoes.
- Next, add the boiled and cubed potatoes along with 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir and coat the potatoes with the spices.
- Saute for a minute to ensure the spices are well-coated.
- Pour in 1 cup of water and adjust the consistency of the curry.
- Cover and let it boil for 5 more minutes or until the potatoes absorb the spices.
- Mash a few potatoes to adjust the texture of the curry according to your preference.
- Finally, add 2 tablespoons of finely chopped coriander leaves, squeeze the juice of ½ lemon, and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of crushed kasuri methi.
- Serve the aloo curry with poori, roti, or chapati.
Enjoy your meal!
Indulge in the irresistible flavors of this Aloo Curry recipe. With its blend of fragrant spices and tender potatoes, this dish is sure to be a hit at your table. Whether served with fluffy pooris or warm rotis, this curry will leave you craving more of its delicious and comforting goodness.