Elevate your meal with the irresistible Brinjal Fry, a delectable side dish made with slices of tender brinjal coated in aromatic spices and crispy rava. This easy-to-follow recipe brings out the natural flavors of eggplant, resulting in a crunchy and flavorful delight that pairs perfectly with khichdi or dal-rice.
Brinjal Fry Recipe Ingredients:
- 250 grams bharta baingan or 1 large eggplant (having fewer seeds)
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 generous pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- Salt, to taste
- 4 to 5 tablespoons rava (semolina) or gram flour or rice flour
- 4 to 6 tablespoons of Puvi Cold Pressed sesame oil
Preparation of Brinjal Fry:
- Rinse and slice the brinjal into slices with a thickness of 0.5 cm.
- In a large bowl or pan, take enough water. Add ½ teaspoon salt and mix well. Soak the brinjal slices for about 10 minutes, ensuring they are fully immersed.
- Drain the water and transfer the brinjal slices to a large plate or tray.
Marination for brinjal fry:
- Sprinkle turmeric powder, garam masala powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, and asafoetida evenly over the brinjal slices.
- Add salt as per taste and coat the spices evenly on all sides of the brinjal slices.
- Take rava, besan, or rice flour on another plate. Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil on a tawa for frying each batch of 4 to 5 brinjal slices, using Puvi Cold Pressed sesame Oil.
- Take each slice and place it on the rava, coating it evenly.
Making brinjal fry:
- Place the coated brinjal slices on the tawa.
- Fry on medium flame until one side becomes crisp and light golden.
- Flip the slices and fry the second side until crisp and light golden. Flip a couple more times for even frying. Repeat this process for three to four batches.
- Remove the fried brinjal slices and place them on kitchen paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve the hot or warm brinjal fry as a side dish with khichdi or dal-rice. For added freshness, garnish with a few coriander leaves.
Elevate your culinary experience with Brinjal Fry, a delightful side dish featuring tender brinjal slices coated in aromatic spices and crispy rava. This easy-to-make recipe offers a crunchy texture and a burst of flavors that perfectly complement dishes like khichdi or dal-rice. Enjoy the irresistible combination of spices and the satisfying crunch of brinjal fry, making every meal a memorable one.